Federal loans may not be enough to cover the cost of a college education. The cuScholar Private Student Loan program available through Members 1st of NJ Credit Union could be the funding resource you need.
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or up to the cost of attendance per year (maximum of $120,000 in undergraduate loans or $160,000 in graduate loans)
- Choose either making interest payments or a nominal $25 Proactive Payment towards the loan balance while in school.
- Use the funds for any qualified educational expense, including past due tuition bills.
- Quick approval once your completed application is received.
- No Origination Fee (for all student borrowers).
- Competitive Interest Rates (with good grades, even lower rates).
- 1% Interest Rate Reduction (when 10% of the loan principal is repaid during the full repayment period).
- 30-Day No-Fee Return Policy (allows you to cancel the loan within 30 days of disbursement without fees or interest).
- Cosigner Release Available (for creditworthy borrowers after 24 consecutive on-time principal plus interest payments.
You can get the complete details and apply online on the Members 1st cuScholar Private Student Loan page.
*Private student loans should be used as supplemental funding after exhausting all other sources of financial aid, including grants, scholarships, and federal student loans. Federal loans offer more attractive terms when compared to most other borrowing options, including private student loans. For more information on federal loans, visit http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.